Sunday, April 11, 2010

Quick Update from John

This is just a short post to tell you all what has been going on lately, and to give you all pictures. Miller is growing just like a weed. His bottom two front teeth have broken through, and both his top two feel like they are coming any day now. Miller still doesn't like to crawl. Not that he can't, he just doesn't feel the need to crawl to get anywhere. About the only time we can get him to crawl is if we put a toy just out of his reach. He will normally crawl to it and then sit down and play with it. However, it has to be just out of his reach. If it is too far away, he says forget it, it's not worth the effort. He loves to walk though. He is pulling himself up already, and as long as he has a play table, a hand, or something to hold onto, he'll walk like a champ.

Ok, so now a quick update as to what the Vrana family has been up to. The weekend of March 20th, Michelle, Miller, and I went to Lafayette, LA for the weekend. A good friend of the family, Toby and Anne had their engagement party. It was a crawfish boil and a whole lot of fun. Then, for Easter weekend, Toby, Anne, and Toby's mom, Mrs. Peggy came up here. We had another crawfish boil, a weenie roast, dyed easter eggs, played some volleyball, and had an egg hunt. Since Miller's a little too young to be egg hunting yet, Mrs. Peggy and Michell's mom hide eggs with money in them, and the younger adults (23-38) hunt and fight each other for them. The Tuesday after Easter, Michelle's mom left for two weeks to go to San Antonio as that is where Michelle's dad is working for the next 6 weeks. So, Michelle and I are taking care of their dogs, cats, horses and cows while Michelle's mom is away. Michelle and I kind of took it easy this weekend.

We did get a pleasant surprise today from a neighbor though. Our neighbor came over today and offered us her old patio furniture for free as she is lanscaping/remaking her patio/backyard. When I say her "old" patio furniture, what I really mean is her not sold old patio furniture. This stuff was in great shape, and since we only had two chairs and a lounger, I figured it was a steal. We got a glass table with four matching chairs, and a matching swing. Pretty good deal I'd say. So, that's all that's new in our world I guess.

Alright, so here are pictures. I'm not going to be as good as Michelle and post captions on all of them. I know you are smart people and can figure them out.



































































No comments: