On to our newest and most exciting news. John and I went in for the ultrasound today. I had scheduled it for first thing in the morning because there was just no way we could wait all day. As it was, we barely slept last night. My doctor was actually delivering a baby, so he was a little late. It was so hard for us to try to sit there patiently, but we somehow made it. I told the doctor, we'd had a pep talk with the baby this morning to make sure he was in the right position. As soon as he started the ultrasound though, he told me we should have had a longer talk because the baby was in the breech position. He did measurements, and checked all of the organs, and everything looked fine. Then, he started trying to determine the sex. Well, it's a good thing he moves around so much because we were able to get the "money shot."
Here's a profile shot. I think he kind of looks like the joker, but I haven't mentioned that to John.

Here's the shot that made John say, "That's my boy"!
My mom had to run out during lunch to buy her grandson his first gift as a boy. She got him a onesie, socks, burp rags, and a bib. John was able to move out the rest of the big furniture from the baby's room, so when we got back home this evening, we just kind of stared at all the baby stuff that's already in his closet. Now, we can't wait to start decorating in the Texas A&M room. We've decided to name him Miller Louis. Miller, like Mimi and Paw-paw's last name, and Louis after John's dad. I think it's just a perfect name, but I'm a little biased.OK, I've got so much to do because we leave for Rockdale for Elizabeth's wedding tomorrow. I hope everyone has a happy Valentine's Day! I know this will be a special one for John and I.

4 comments:
YEA!!!! I can't wait to meet him! congratulations to you both!!! Can't wait to see you Saturday!
I LOVE the name!! Congrats y'all...little boys are so much fun. Don't worry too much about him being breech...they say they usually turn close to the end. Peyton never did, but it all turned out wonderfully!! Congrats again and good luck!!
Yay!! I'm so happy we both know now!! And you were right, I'm having a girl and you're having a boy! Wow, you are psychic!
I couldn't be more pleased for you both. What a blessing that he's healthy and that he cooperated :) I love meaningful names, and Miller's is perfect! Isn't weird to actually be referring to the baby as a "he" and Miller now. I felt like it made the situation all the more real!! Have fun this weekend!
Post a Comment