Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Baby Papaya

Every week I update my gmail status with the size of my baby from thebump.com. Since so many of us at work use gmail, most of the girls from work have been keeping up with Miller's size as he grows. Last week, he was roughly the size of a banana. Audra, the randomness queen, started posting youtube videos to match his size. This is what she posted last week, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSNx286owkw&feature=related. Be warned, your IQ will drop just by watching it. This week, I changed my status to say Miller was the size of a papaya. This was what Audra sent me, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4oPRz3ThTw. Again, I am distubed and wonder about the people who come up with these things. It's kind of fun though, to see what video Audra finds to match his size. Unfortunately, Miller stays the same fruit size for the next few weeks. So, she'll have to wait for her next video search.

This last weekend was pretty productive in the Vrana family. I actually didn't go into work on Saturday. I've gone in every weekend since New Years, except for those that we were out of town. It was so nice to take a weekend, just to get things done and not worry about going in to work. Plus, Mrs. Peggy was in town, so she, Mom, and I planned on having a little bit of some girls' shopping time. John and I headed over to Baby World early to put a deposit down on our furniture. We've decided to get the crib that can be converted into a toddler bed and then into a full sized bed. We'll also get a dresser that will act as a changing table, and a glider and ottoman. We'll keep the four-drawer dresser that John and his dad restored.

Mom and Mrs. Peggy were supposed to meet us at the store, but they were running late. As soon as they got there, Mom came running in to apologize for taking so long. She's been taking knitting lessons in order to knit a baby blanket for Miller. She was trying to suprise us, but she felt so guilty about running late that she had to tell me. I think it's such a sweet idea, and I was shocked when Mom told me.

After Baby World, we headed up to the Boardwalk to do some shopping. I got Miller some cute baby clothes at Carter's. Then, we hit the Chocolate Crocodile (YUM!) and lunch before heading home. We spent the evening playing Chicken Foot (thanks to the Casas family for teaching us that one) and eating pizza at Mimi and Paw-paw's.

We also managed to clean the house pretty well, and I taped off the nursery, so we'll be able to start painting pretty soon. Here's some recent pictures of the nursery. We'll call them the "before" pics.


Here's a picture of Miller's closet, with everything baby-related we've gotten so far. It's not too much. I guess it's time we seriously thought about registering. :-) That's Miller's bedding in the bottom corner. I just love it!

Finally, here are just the cutest pictures I've gotten in a long time. Usually, after I've gotten up in the morning Lexi cuddles up next to John. This one morning, Lexi crawled right up in my spot, and put her head on the pillow and everything. I couldn't help snapping a couple of pictures.
I guess after I woke Lexi up with the camera flash, she decided that it was time for her daddy to wake up too. So, she leaned over to give him some "Good Morning" kisses. I'm sure John appreciates me posting these pictures for the world to see, but I just couldn't help myself.
OK, I'm off to eat a blueberry muffin, and try to check my own case before I turn it in tomorrow morning. Have a great week everyone!







No comments: