Every night I've been meaning to write a blog, but there's just been too much going on lately. So, I'll write a quick blog just to update everyone, and try to get on to post some pictures tonight.
First, here's the link to the newest Papaya video that Audra has as her gmail status, what a goof. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpHpGuqmOAI
It's been so long since I posted, I can't quite remember everything that's been going on, so I hope I'm not repeating myself. Last week at work was wonderful. So many people were gone, which leads to less interruptions, and increased productivity. I was able to put out four cases in the review box. These were pretty large cases that had just been hanging around for forever, waiting for me to do one last thing. I was so glad to get my desk cleared off that I actually dusted the whole thing. Then, this week started and I dove into my next eleven cases...wow, I didn't realize it was that many until just now. Maybe I shouldn't have started quite so many. I'm sure these will drive me crazy for the next month, at least.
At home, I painstakingly taped the rest of Miller's room, after I borrowed a ladder from my dad, and drew two lines on the wall to signify where the border will be going. Then, I bought the paint on Thursday. John shocked me by being so willing to start painting. He went ahead and put the primer on the walls that evening. I wanted to get a picture of him doing that, but I forgot until he was actually done, so the only pictures I have are of him looking at the wall he'd just painted.
I had a doctor's appointment on the 12th. Again, it was just a belly check, but everything looks fine. My next appointment is in April 9th. That's going to be a big one. I'll be doing the glucose test for gestational diabetes, which I'm a little concerned about because my mom did have gestational diabetes with my brother. Plus, Paw-paw is diabetic. Oh well, we'll just see how it goes. Also, if Miller is facing the right direction, we'll be able to get a 4D ultrasound, which would be so cool.
This weekend was spent in Humble, Texas with our friends the Beasley's. We had such a great time with little miss Abby. Plus, I got to do a little bit of shopping, always a plus. It was a nice relaxing weekend with friends, which was great.
Mom had told me that she really wanted to do something to thank John for all the computer work he does for them, so she had planned on painting some of Miller's room while we were out of town this weekend. As soon as John opens the garage door, he noticed that his hose was unrolled. Now, this is the guy who leaves his clothes all over the bedroom, but he gets indignant over his hose not being properly wound. When we get in the house, I can immediately smell the paint, which is so strong, but John doesn't seem to notice. I don't say anything to him, and he just unloads the car and starts doing stuff around the house. Finally, he walks over in the direction of Miller's room, and calls me in there. Mom and Dad had painted all of the white on the top part of the room. Mom had always warned me never to have Dad help paint because he's not the best, and that's putting it mildly. I guess our high ceilings really got to her though because she ended up calling Dad down to help out. They did a really good job though, and I know how much of a help that is for John. I think he was really dreading doing that part of the room.
Sunday night Miller was so active. I was laying in bed, letting John feel how much he was kicking, and it was, by far, the most John's been able to feel. He couldn't believe it. I think his exact words were, "It's like he's in there riding a bicycle." It's great because the kicks are getting so much stronger, and John can really tell now. It's so much more thrilling for both of us. I can definitely feel myself getting bigger. Movements aren't as easy as they used to be, which I know will just get worse, but it's just strange. I feel like I'm making a lot more grunts and groans when I'm moving around.
I know it's only Wednesday, but I'm already ready for the weekend. Friday night we're supposed to be having crawfish. It's the first time of the season and I CAN NOT WAIT. Then, Saturday we're doing something special for Mimi's birthday. It should be fun, and I'm going to try to remember to take some pictures, since I've done such a bad job of that lately.
Other than that, there's talk of baby showers!! The shower for Jessie and John will be April 18th. Then, Amy Beasley and her mom are throwing a shower for me on May 30th. Plus, I just got a message from John's cousin that they want to do a shower on June 7th. I'm so excited. I have finished our registry, which was so difficult. I had to read reviews about everything and compare and go back and forth. I swear, it took me weeks. We're registered at Target and http://www.kidsarefanstoo.com/, in case anyone wants to check them out. Let me know if you notice anything crazy, like three strollers or something for a little girl. :-) Hope everyone's having a great week!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment