Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

There's a lot going on here lately, so bear with me through a long post.

I had a doctor's appointment on Thursday. This was a big one because I had to do the Glucose test, as well as have my last ultrasound. It was exciting though because we got to do the 4D ultrasound. John is trying to save as much of his time as possible for when the baby comes, so he decided to skip this appointment. My mom came with me instead, and she really enjoyed the experience. Of course he was being shy, he kept trying to hide behind his hand, but the doctor was able to get a couple of good shots of him.

Here's a shot of all his measurements. He's 2 pounds 6 ounces right now. According to the measurements, he's pretty much right now track. The averages do have him being a 4th of July baby, but those things change each time. Oh, and he was in the breech position last time, but he's since flipped over, so he's in the right position now.

This is what he looked like in most of the pictures, turning his head and hiding his face behind his hand. He liked playing with his umbilical cord, and I'm pretty sure he's been using it as a jump rope.


This is just the most pitiful picture ever. The doctor was trying to move him around to get a better picture of him, and he just did not like it.

This is my favorite picture, but it is a little freaky because it seems like he's looking right at us. John says he can already tell that he has my nose.

From here on out I got to the doctor every two weeks. Yuck. I can't believe we're moving that fast. Today makes 28 weeks exactly. That just seems crazy!

Ever since I was a kid Easter has been one of my favorite holidays. We used to spend every Easter with the Hargraves, but we haven't been able to the past few years. This year we were so happy that they were able to join us again. I had Friday off of work, and due to crazy weather, John's office was closed for the day too. So, Mom and I were off to pick up the crawfish, and John, Austin, and Mimi went to pick up compost for Paw-paw's garden. Then, John and Austin spent a chunk of the day moving Paw-paw's garden. Paw-paw would have liked to help with all of that, but he's been really sick the past few days. That's why the two of them look like they match the color of Miller's room in future pictures. We had a crawfish boil Friday night where everybody played washers and had a nice relaxing time. Then, Saturday morning, I had big plans for the extra man power that was in town. We picked up the baby furniture that was at Baby World. His crib and dresser were there, but the glider and ottoman weren't in yet. That's understandable since it's special ordered. He did say it had shipped though, and should be in at the beginning of the week.

Here's Austin and John putting the crib together. (See what I mean about looking the same color as the wall.)

Here's Austin, John, and Toby, putting the mattress in crib.

The dresser had the knobs on it backwards for shipment, so Austin, Ann, and Toby had a competition to see who could get the most knobs turned around the fastest.

After the furniture was put together, we had our infamous Easter Egg Hunt at my parents' house. Usually, I am extremely competitive when it comes to these things, but I wasn't allowed to run this year. So, I had to walk around looking for my eggs. Did I mention these eggs are filled with cash? There's big bucks to be had! John, Austin, and Toby literally tackled each other a few times, and it was hilarious. Unfortunately, all those pictures are on Mrs. Peggy's and my mom's cameras. I'm sure they'll make it to the 2010 calendar though. Here's the totals from the hunt:
Ann Austin John Me Toby
Eggs 13 18 18 11 14
Cash 36 35 14 35 6
Isn't that just hilarious? Ann and I had the least number of eggs, but still managed to collect the most money. I was falling over I was laughing so hard when Toby was opening his eggs to find his $6. It might be a little odd to see a bunch of adults, running around with plastic bags hunting easter eggs, but I swear we all laugh so hard, and I think our parents get just as big a kick out of us acting like a bunch of idiots.

After the Hunt was over, there was more washer playing, some egg dying, and dinner. Paw-paw was able to come down to watch a few games of washers, which he really enjoys. After dinner, we were all back outside for more washers...seeing a theme here? John had loaded up all the trash from Miller's furniture so we could burn it at Mom and Dad's house.

Here's how John and Toby decided to build the fire. You might notice a basic design flaw here.

They lit it anyway. Here's John standing close by to make sure they don't catch my parents' fence on fire...along with most of their yard.

It actually burned up pretty well. There's just a huge scorch mark left in the middle of their yard. This morning everybody got up and moving pretty quick since we're supposed to have severe weather hit us again today. Here's a shot of our Easter baskets at mom and dad's house.
My mom just cracks me up because she was concerned that we would be upset if we didn't get full-fledged Easter baskets. I told her that she didn't need to get us anything at all, but she just can't help herself. Next year, poor Miller is going to get so much stuff, he won't know what to do with himself. It is super-nice though. We all got gift cards, which I just love because it's almost like you get a gift now and a gift later when you actually use it. I got an Itunes gift card and a Bed, Bath, and Beyond card. John and Austin already went up to Best Buy to try to use theirs, but it looks like they might be closed for Easter. Silly boys.
OK, I better get back to getting the house ready for the week. Next weekend is another big weekend for us, but I'm sure I'll have pictures to post of that then. :-) Also, I'll post pictures of Miller's completed room once we get the glider and decorations up. That might be a few weeks though because we've got so much going on here lately. I hope everybody had a wonderful Easter!

1 comment:

Amy C said...

I love his pictures!!!! How fun! Can't wait to see him too!