Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Early Memorial Day!

I am so behind on posting, and I originally wrote this post over a week ago, but I just haven't had time to finish it. John and I have been really busy with birthing classes, and I've had a cold and just haven't quite felt up to par. We did take pictures on the 5th, which I look glorious in because of the cold, and I'll get those posted ASAP. Here's my draft that's been sitting here forever waiting to be posted:

John and I have made a little tradition out of Memorial Day. It started with our wedding, which was Memorial Day weekend in 2006. We had such a good time with the rehearsal dinner crawfish dinner, that we decided to do it again the next year. We still lived in Baton Rouge at the time, so we would stay with my parents, and our friends Jessie and Amy, with their son McKade, stayed at Mimi and Paw-paw's. After that, it's just become a family tradition. Jessie, Amy, and McKade are pretty much expected to be in Bossier City, Louisiana for Memorial Day weekend. Last year, John and I were still living with Mom and Dad, but the tradition was growing, all the same. Jessie, Amy, and McKade stayed with Mimi and Paw-paw again, and a few more of John's friends had joined the crowd. This year we had to switch it up. Because Amy's due date is June 17th, and mine is July 6th, we decided to go ahead and have "Memorial Day" a little early. So, Friday evening, Jessie, Amy, McKade, Will, Eddie, and Drew all arrived at our house. We grilled hamburgers, and Austin came over with his new girlfriend. Poor thing, this was her first time to meet our family, and what an introduction! The guys say she was quiet, I maintain that she just couldn't get a word in with all the chatter they were making. Several times during the evening they had us pregnant ladies laughing so hard that we were bending over, holding on to our bellies. They played 42, drank some near beer that Eddie and Drew made, and just had a good time. The next day Amy took my maternity pictures, and we spent the rest of the day hanging out at my parents' house, boiled crawfish, and just continued the merriment. I have to say that the guys did a great job this weekend. They actually acted like adults part of the time. :-)

Continue with new post:
Hopefully, I'll be able to post pictures soon. I'm a slacker, and never use my camera because I hate it, so I have to steal from other people. I think Amy will send her Memorial Day pictures with my maternity ones, so everyone will just have to stay tuned for those.

This past weekend was Mother's Day, and, even though I wasn't quite feeling myself, I still wanted to do something special for my mom. We had flowers delivered to her work on Friday, and she said they were the prettiest bouquet she's ever seen. Awww, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I wanted to make dinner for Mom, and Austin was able to pencil in some time for us on Saturday night, so Mimi, Paw-paw, Mom, Dad and Austin all came to our house for dinner. John grilled some steaks, I made this potato concoction with fresh dill and chives, and Austin put the salad together. Plus, I made one of my favorite desserts, which is basically a cobbler with almost every fruit you can think of and biscuits dipped in butter and cinnamon/sugar for the crust. So healthy and so yummy.

Mimi bought me three rose bushes and a rose tree, which John planted for me along the side of the house that was bare. Then, I bought some Gerber daisies, which my mom planted in our front flowerbeds. They look so bright and pretty! I spent Sunday morning weeding the flowerbed before Mom planted the flowers, and, it turns out, that isn't the easiest thing to do at 32 weeks pregnant. I got it done though, and our flowerbeds have never looked better! I'll try to snap some pictures tonight to post. Wow, I really need to update the pictures, huh? Plus, I'm sure everyone wants to see pictures of our A&M flag in the front yard.

Like I said, John and I have been taking birthing classes. It's been an eye-opening experience and very informative, but the teacher drives us crazy. It's rough getting home at 9:00 at night, when we haven't been home all day. Combine that with a teacher that talks to us as if we're kindergartners, who loves to take ten minute breaks every half hour, and John and I are just aggravated for most of the night. She did give us a DVD this past Monday that we watched last night. I think there's been more informative information on that DVD than we've gotten from class. We watched it for about an hour last night, but we had to turn it off in order to watch Deadliest Warrior. We've got our priorities!

I've got my first baby shower tomorrow, after work. I'm so excited! My mom's work is throwing the shower for me. I think that is just so sweet of them. The next month is just jam-packed with showers. It's hard to believe that in a month, Miller's room will probably be fully stocked.

OK, I'm going to finish this up. I'll try to post pictures soon. I hope everyone is having a good week!

2 comments:

The Greer Family said...

Yea!!! So exciting Michelle! Birthing classes - not so fun - that's why we did ours in 1 weekend. It was all day, but only 1 weekend so not horrible.

I can't believe, less than 2 months!! Can't wait to see you soon busy lady!

UW said...

I think we acted like adults the whole time.....just fun adults, that's what we are!!! Get used to it, I'm not sure we'll ever really grow up.

Can John keep you taking the appropriate breaths at the appropriate time. With the "hees and the hoos"(like Bill Cosby would say)