Sunday, June 6, 2010

Baby shower!!!

Well, I just finished uploading the pictures for the weekend, and I realized there isn't a single one of Miller. Sorry about that! I guess we were just too busy with other stuff (including planning his first birthday party). Like my previous posts said, we've got something going on every weekend for a while now. This weekend was a baby shower for one of my oldest and dearest friends. She's having a little girl, and my mom and I went crazy with the ladybug theme.

This was the diaper cake I made. I'm not going to lie, it took forever because it's so massive. Five tiers, two bottles of lotion, one small baby bottle and approximately 250 diapers. I think it turned out great, and it got so many compliments! If anyone you know is in the market for a diaper cake, let me know, and I'll get them some prices. I'm seriously thinking about putting some on an etsy site.

The spread. The petit fours have ladybugs on them. They were so cute...and very tasty!

The punch. My mom is so amazing when it comes to showers. She makes the best food, and does an awesome job with arranging fresh flowers.

Ladybug decorations

This picture cracks me up. When we were in high school, I always used to tell Amy how great her smile looked in pictures. She told me that right before someone takes a picture she fakes a laugh. Well, I think she was really laughing in this one. This is Amy, me, and her mom Jan.

Mom, Amy, and I

Mom snapped some pictures as Amy was opening gifts. This is an adorable watermelon onesie. It's so sweet.

The little pink sandals. Just stinking cute.

You'd never guess who the ladybug bloomers are from. ;-)

This was amazing. It's a scuplture Amy's cousin carved out of clay. It's a baby curled up on a flower. It took her about 78 hours to create. It was so amazing. I wish I would have gotten a close up of it.
She's such a sweetheart. This is what she gave me for hosting her shower. There's a sweet cross necklace, and an adorable notepad for my fridge. The fleur de lis night light is perfect (I love my fleur de lis things), and I love the polka dotted photo album.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you and your Mom for such a memorable day for Amy! Every detail was perfect. I may have to snatch a few pictures from you though! You are very special to us Michelle -- your Mom too!!

Love, Mrs. Jan

Amy Casas said...

How fun! 1. Amy is such an adorable and beautiful pregnant momma! 2. You definitely need to sell the diaper cakes on etsy.... they are fabulous!!

The Beasley's said...

I'm just catching up on blogs! I'm telling you, that shower was AMAZING!! Thank you sooo much! The diaper cakes are ridiculously awesome, and you should DEFINITELY start selling them on Etsy! You rock lady, and I love you much!