Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow Day!

This one has actually been sitting in draft mode for a while because we were having issues with the video. The video still isn't working, but we're just going to go with it anyway. February has been crazy with weather, and the associated illnesses as well as trips out of town and just our every day to day lives. Here's some pictures from our snow day a couple of weeks ago.

I think Mommy did a pretty good job of the self-portrait here, don't you?

So, Mommy decided to find the smoothest spot of snow to do her snow angel. Did you know that the smoothest spot of snow is usually associated with a barely frozen puddle? Well, now you do.



Daddy's snow angel.



Miller's snow angel.


So, this was a Friday, and we had been planning for months for a trip to Bryan. Work had been rough, to say the least, and this was the weekend I was really looking forward to. We were going to a wine tasting and out to eat with adults, sans kiddos. When the snow hit, I was so upset. I know John saw it when he looked in my eyes, so he decided to try to make the drive in all the snow. It was really tough at first...we almost turned around before we made it out of town. Thankfully, the further we got, the better the drive. It took an hour longer that it normally does, but we made it safe and sound. Along the drive, it was really bright out, and John had left his sunglasses at home. So, I let him borrow mine. Super cute, right?


Miller doesn't do as well in the car as he used to do. Thankfully, he loves my phone. If he sees it laying around, he'll say "Momma hello" and bring it to me. In the car, I would just turn the music on, and let him scroll through the albums, and he was perfectly happy. This is probably the only thing that got us through the last 45 minutes.


Family picture at the Casas house.

Our Godson, McKason. I just love that little guy.

Getting the three of these guys together for a picture is SUPER difficult. You don't have to take my word for it, you can ask their mother, the professional photographer...Well, she's the mother of two of the three of them. I'll let you guess which two.

Miller and McKade.

The one and only picture I got from our wine tasting and tour. I was too busy tasting.

OK, since the video didn't load, I'll just tell you guys a little about Miller and what he's doing now. We go to the doctor on Thursday. His pediatrician says he's a candidate for tubes, so we'll go see the ENT Thursday morning to see.

Miller still loves his books. He's also a huge fan of Elmo and elbows, which he commonly confuses. He is a man's man. He'll always pick the man over the woman in any pairing. He's a daddy's boy of momma. A Pops's man over Nonna. Paw-paw over Mimi. We're still working on getting him to say MA, so he definitely picks Uncle Austin.

He's not so much into television, but at night, when he's real tired, he'll rock with me and watch a little TV before he goes to bed. He's a big help around the house. It's so much fun to see him help out. He helps me unload the dishwasher every time. I stand next to the counter, and he takes every single thing out of the bottom rack and hands it to me one at a time. I always say "Thank you" when he hands something to me, and then he starts saying it at the same time. He hands me a plate; I say thank you; he says thank you. Repeat roughly 25 times. He's also a fan of throwing stuff away. We can hand pretty much anything to him, and he'll throw it away.

He LOVES spicy food. He proved that this weekend when we had crawfish for Uncle Austin's graduation. Fruit snacks are his crack cocaine.

He does throw temper tantrums (totally gets that from his Daddy), and he's the most pitiful thing in the world when he's put in timeout.

He's such a clown. When he does something that makes us laugh, he'll keep doing it. He loves the attention. If he does something unintentionally that makes us laugh, he'll look around to make sure everyone's laughing, and you can see the gears moving wondering what it was that inspired the laughter.

He has a special Blankie that he can't go to sleep without. He loves those little dancing animals you get from Halmark. Right now, Nonna and Pops have a dancing Daffy Duck with bunny ears, and that's the first thing he goes to when he gets to their house.

That's all we can think of for now. I hope everyone has a good week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should totally frame the Miller Snow Angel:) Gosh, he is such a little person already! I'm glad John was a Saint and got yall to Bryan to visit:)