Monday, November 10, 2008

Aww...

I told almost everyone at work about our good news on Friday. This morning I had to tell the big boss man, which I was a little nervous about. Everything went well though. So far it seems like everyone is being really nice about everything. The only drawback is there are some things I can't do in the lab, which means I'm going to have to hound some of the other analysts to help me. I'm sure that they'll all be OK with it, but after another 7.5 months, I'd be willing to bet that's going to wear on them. Sorry guys!



I'm still feeling fine, really. The only thing that seems to bother me is that I get so super tired at night. It's so bad. I have to make myself keep moving because I know if I sit down after eating dinner, that's about it for me. John is being super-wonderful. I bought him a Father-To-Be book, and he's so cute about reading it. He'll read something and ask me if I've felt like this, or I'll say something and he'll tell me that the book said that would be OK. Too sweet. He's also being so helpful, letting me rest as much as possible. He's wonderful.



When we got home tonight, I saw there was a package waiting for us at the front door. John ran around to get it, and he brought it inside. I've already started ordering Christmas presents, so John was thinking it was one of those. When we saw it was from Kidsarefanstoo.com we really had no idea. John ripped into it without even giving me a chance to look at it. It was the cutest present: Texas A&M booties and a knit cap. Two of my former co-workers, and bestest friends, sent them to me. I'm so cheesy that I just started crying. They were just so cute and tiny, and those girls just know me so well that it all made me so happy. So, here's a picture of them:


So sweet. I could just look at them all day. It's weird to think that our baby will one day wear these things. It's weird to think that we will have a baby to wear things at all. Thanks girls!

2 comments:

The Beasley's said...

Those booties are so super cute, and so teeny-tiny! Love it. And I definitely say if you are super tired, then don't make yourself keep moving--RELAX! You've worked a full day, and rest is what your body needs :-)

jandlmom said...

darn! i was going to send you the same thing this week! (really was, it's sitting right here!). so i guess i'll just have to get something else super cute :) and the tired thing is a sign from God...rest when you can, it really comes in handy later! still so excited for you guys!