Sunday, February 8, 2009

Holy round ligament pain, Batman!

Well, I thought I'd start off by posting the monthly picture of my baby bump. It kind of makes me laugh because there isn't much difference. The girls at work tell me I'm not really pregnant, I just don't want to admit I'm putting on weight. For comparison, I put last month's picture up too.

This picture was taken on January 5th. I was 14 weeks 1 day.

Here's my picture from February 5, and I'm 18 weeks 4 days.

Even though my belly doesn't look like it's growing very much, I can definitely notice a change in day-to-day life. I'm having to ease up and ease down now. I can't really jump out of bed because I'll feel what I can only guess is round ligament pain. It's not actually a pain, but feels more like my insides are shifting and falling into place. It feels weird more than anything else. Also, I'm losing flexiblity. I had to try two or three times to flush the toilet at work. John got a laugh out of this story, but I refuse to touch the handle with my hand, so instead I always use my foot. Well, as of Friday, it's starting to get more difficult to get my leg up there. I might have to eventually find another way to flush the toilet.


We've got a big week ahead of us. We find out the baby's sex on Thursday. We drive to Rockdale on Friday for Elizabeth's rehearsal dinner, and the wedding is on Saturday.

John and I spent a lot of time and energy on the baby's room today, and, if we work on it today, it should be pretty much emptied out. I'll be sure to take some "before" pictures after it's all cleaned out. We're hoping to start painting the last weekend in February. I'm so excited for the next week!

3 comments:

The Greer Family said...

I had to laugh about the toilet flush! I do that in public restrooms but not home...do you always do that or just at home??? I cant wait til Thurs!!!!!

The Beasley's said...

Ohmigosh, it's already on Thursday we'll know the sex? I don't know if I can contain my excitement! I can't WAIT to know :)

The Perkins said...

I can't wait til Thursday (ok and tomorrow too). We both get exciting news this week :-)