Phew, we've been working like crazy around the house lately. Miller's room is finally finished. I've just got to do some touch-ups to the border to make sure all the edges are glued down, but here's some pictures of the room along the way. Here's the primer on the bottom half of the room, right after John had finished that up.
Here's John putting the second coat of white on the top half of the room. Remember, we had come back from an out of town weekend, and Mom and Dad had already painted the first coat for us.
This weekend, Austin helped John. They touched up the white, and painted on the red. When they were hammering the lid back on the white, they managed to splatter it on the red. Sigh. Austin is obviously proud of his handy work. (You can see the white splatters right behind him.)
Here's the finished product, paint and border. I think it looks so cute. The bedding and curtains are going to be a darker shade of maroon, but I think it will all work out in the end. I love the room design though.
For Mimi's birthday, Mom wanted to take her for a day at the spa. She was nice enough to take Mrs. Peggy and I along too. Mimi, Mrs. Peggy, and I got facials and pedicures with paraffin wax. It was wonderful. Here's Mrs. Peggy and I during the pedicures. I decided to be nice, and not post the picture of Mom after her hour-long massage.

4 comments:
I love the room!!! So cute!! Get used to weekends being scarce for a while! They'll come back though and you'll feel like you did nothing but play with your little man! But not much else will get done!
Can't wait to see his room and your house in PERSON!!! And look at your baby bump!!! SO CUTE!
Congratulations on getting the room done! You are so efficient. I'm jealous! Your belly looks so cute!!
Wow! Ya'll got a ton done. I'm loving it! Getting a pedicure right about now sounds lovely, too... :)
I love it!! All of it- the room, the baby bump!!! I love the baby bump!!!!!! The crawfish (which sounds delightful to this chick), pedicures, facials... get ready for another one in a few weeks when you are here :) Did I mention I love all of it!!!!
Post a Comment