Friday, April 17, 2009

Well, crapmonkey...

You know those days where things just kind of seem to tick you off, all day long...yeah today is one of those days.

First things first though, we were able to find the puppy a loving home with my mom's cousin Shelia. As soon as my Mimi mentioned her name, I sent her an e-mail. She had written me back and called within thirty minutes. She said that the puppy was just what she was looking for. After picking up some essentials, Shelia picked up the puppy, Layla, Wednesday night. I think it'll be the perfect fit.

So, yesterday, I got the cheerful news that I didn't pass the Glucose test. I have to go back for the three hour test, a phenomenal waste of time considering I was only two points away. Two points! If I would have known that I would have tapped my foot a little more in the lobby, or waited another 15 minutes for the chick to get around to calling me back instead of going back exactly an hour later. Two freaking points. So, this Thursday, I will be spending my morning sitting in the waiting room of my doctor's office for them to check my blood sugar at one, two, and three hours. Stupid gestational diabetes. Ticks me off.

Then, this morning, I called our daycare, just to check in, make sure we're on the list and that everything is going smoothly. Turns out I'm the third name on the list. You'd think that would be fine right, WRONG. They have two babies leaving the baby room in September, the 15th and the 30th. Well, I'm looking at putting him in daycare around October 1st. Yeah, as it stands now, the next available spot won't even open until March. Say what? That's almost a freaking year from now! Apparently, they only move up to the toddlers' room at 14 months. So, Baby 1 turns a year old July 15th, Baby 2 turns a year old July 30th, and Baby 3 doesn't turn a year old until January. Great, just bloody great. Now, I'm on a mad tear to find a daycare less than six months out. Yeah, this looks promising. We're on the waiting list for another day care, but they told me it would take a year or so to get in there. Ugh! John just might get his wish to be a stay-at-home dad after all.

2 comments:

The Perkins said...

I'm sorry about the diabetes test and the day care thing. I took my test last week and just knew that they would be calling me this week to tell me that I failed. Nothing so far, so hopefully I'm in the clear. What daycare were you hoping to get him in. I've found that most of them have a one to two year waiting list. We need to find someone to watch our babies in their home or something!! Daycare is the most stressful part of planning for the baby!

The Beasley's said...

Wow, I've been totally out of the blogging world for awhile (obviously with the lack of updates on my own blog). You had THREE posts I hadn't read. I'm caught up on your life now, though! I'm sorry you have to sit for that 3 hour diabetes test. (Bring a good book!) Hopefully, since you were only 2 points off, you won't have to worry about it. If I lived closer, I'd totally watch Miller until you could get him in. I hate that it's such a process. I'm praying for something to work out!