Miller got a package this week from the Casas family. It had a zacky, which is this weird stuffed hand and arm that you can warm to make him more comfortable. I still haven't quite figured out how to use it. Even better though, Amy sent us a sling, which I can already tell will be really useful. I'll try to remember to get some pictures of us in it for next post.
Last night we had a really good night. I put Miller down around 11, in his crib, and he slept until 2:45 or so. I fed him, and put him back in his crib, and he slept some more, until a little after 5. After I fed him, he didn't want to be back in the crib any more. He wasn't screaming crying, but he was being really fussy, and keeping us from falling back to sleep. So, John got up with him around 6:30, and they slept in the recliner until 9:30. That's definitely the longest time he's slept in his crib, and the most time John and I have slept in the bed, at the same time, since Miller was born. I'm hoping this is setting a new pattern...time will only tell. He's definitely waking up more and more, and John and I can start seeing some of his personality. One day, he was laying in my lap, and I would kiss his little cheeks and he would just smile and giggle. He did that three or four times, but he hasn't done it any more since...little stinker.
Here's a couple of pictures from the week.
This was Miller's "tummy time." He didn't like hanging out on the Boppy too long though. He prefers just to be on his stomach. He's getting so strong, and he's really lifting his head more and more.
We've got lots going on this week, including my first postpartum appointment, and another weight check for Mr. Man. Then, my friend Adriene will be coming in for the weekend. Yea! She's been trying to come for a visit for months now, and we finally planned one once we had gotten settled in with Miller. I'm so excited to see her again. Finally, this is finals week for John. I'll be glad to have him home in the evenings again, but I'm going to miss being fed by my family on John's class nights. :-) Have a great week everybody!

No comments:
Post a Comment