Monday night, our friends, the Casas family came in town for a visit. We've been trying to plan a visit since the boys were born (McKason was born exactly two weeks before Miller), and, with all that we've got going on right now, it's just impossible to have weekend visits. We're used to seeing each other about once a month, so since we hadn't seen them since the beginning of May, this was a REALLY long time to go without seeing each other. It was a wonderful week. They did so much stuff to help out around the house, including grocery shopping, cooking, and cleaning the kitchen more times than I could count. It was so nice for me to have them here, even though John had to work the whole time they were here. Poor guy. Jessie and McKade would go swimming, and Amy and I would walk the babies in their strollers around the neighborhood. We also had to make time for a visit to Mimi and Paw-paw, which we did on two different days. Mimi and Paw-paw always enjoy spending time with the Casas's, and Paw-paw decided that he would finally celebrate his birthday with dinner out to Shogun's with ALL of us. McKade hadn't ever eaten at a place like this, and I knew he would enjoy them cooking dinner right in front of him with all the fire and jokes. It was definitely a fun visit, and the two newborns did so well!
Of course, while Amy was here, we did pictures. Tons and tons of pictures, with Miller crying through about 75% of them. Even so, because Amy is such a great photographer and she always has a camera on her, we still got plenty of adorable pictures. Of course, she has to "fix" them, and do all the fun additions that she does, plus she has a busy (almost) 6 year old, and a demanding 6 week old, so it might be a while before I can post any of those. It'll be well worth the wait though. I did take a few pictures while they were here though, which is so out of character, but it happened. :-)
John and I had already discussed that we wanted Jessie and Amy to be Miller's godparents. It was just hard to find the time without getting interrupted by a crying baby at one point on another. Finally, last night, I was feeding Miller, Amy was snapping pictures, and John and Jessie were in the recliners. Jessie turned to us and asked us to be McKason's godparents, which we happily said yes too. He gave us the perfect opportunity to ask them to be Miller's godparents, which they were happy to agree to as well. Then, we asked McKade to be his godbrother, which I don't think he quite understood, but I'm sure he'll grow to like it. :-) This morning, Jessie was kissing Miller goodbye, and I told him to tell his Uncle Jessie goodbye, and Jessie said, "Just call me the Godfather." Too funny. I'm sure John can't wait to use that line himself.
Today was Miller's one month appointment. He is exactly 9 lbs, and is 21 inches long. Dr. Hughes says he's doing well, and is perfectly healthy. He's in the 25th percentile for his growth, which is good, and he has really good head control for his age. He did get his second Hep shot today. John took an early lunch to be there for the appointment, but after weighing, measuring, poking and prodding, he had to leave before Miller got his shot. Then, Dr. Hughes always leaves the room before shots, so the two men in the room took off to leave me with my poor baby as he got his shot. He did really well though. He cried for a few seconds as soon as the nurse gave him the shot, but was quiet by the time we walked out of there.
Here's some pictures that I took during the week:
The truest phrase ever. His onesie says, "I'll sleep when I'm good and ready" as the little toot sleeps on his changing pad instead of sleeping during the night.
I love this little outfit! He's just so sweet, sleeping on his daddy's chest. Daddy likes this too because he can sit there and play his video game and people will wait on him as long as he's holding the little guy.
Miller with Paw-paw. Jessie got some good pictures too. The only reason Paw-paw got to hold him for very long without Mimi yanking him out of his hands was because she was busy holding McKason.
John, Miller, and Mimi at the restaurant. (This is Mimi's usual pose around Miller, unless she's holding him.)
Paw-paw, Jessie, and McKade.
Here's Amy with McKason and Nonna with Miller. Mom was going through withdrawals because she hadn't seen him in four days.

2 comments:
Those pictures are so sweet. I love seeing how the family is so in awe of him. It's precious! :)
I love little Miller!! He's just soo cute :)
Post a Comment