Saturday, August 22, 2009

So much going on!

We had quite the busy week now that Nonna has retired, lots of visiting, and a little bit of shopping as well. This is my last full week of maternity leave, and I'm actually going in a for a little bit of training on Monday. It will be so hard to leave my sweet boy on September 1, even if he will be with the Nonna. Thank goodness I'll have that transition month before he goes into daycare.




Thankfully, John passed his test to get his certification this week. I know I should be a better wife and know exactly what his certification is...but I'm not. I want to say it's MCP...maybe?? Anyway, I'm so grateful that he got that done. Plus, he had one whole evening of relaxation before school started the next day. Here we go again. Poor guy never gets a break.



I entered Miller in the Geaux Baby contest through the Shreveport Times. Voting is supposed to open September first, so I'll be sure to post the link when it comes up. I think he'll be a shoo-in since he is now officially a model. OK, not really, but my friend Amy B. is using him as the male model for her new business. Here's a link to her site http://www.five17creations.etsy.com/. I urge everyone to visit it. They're just getting set up right now, procuring licenses and all the fun that comes with starting up a business, but both Amy and her friend Kim are extremely talented. I expect their inventory to grow quickly. I know it might be early, but I'm already thinking about it, and I would definitely recommend them for Christmas cards! Anyway, you can find Miller disguised as Logan Paul and then again under the Polka Dot Fun, he's Preston Matthew. I know Amy B. obsessively checks to see how many visits she's had to her site, so I can't wait to see if this will make her numbers jump up. She'll be so excited!

Here's Miller's announcement, cleverly designed by Amy B! I finally got them all mailed out this week, and I hope I got everyone. For those that I didn't get, I'm terribly sorry, I probably don't have your address, so if you'll get it to me, I'd be happy to send you one.



I am so lucky to have two very talented friends named Amy, but I'm sure it might be a little confusing for those who read our blog. ;-) I've got to brag on Amy C. now. She's going to one of the photographers featured at the Brazos Valley Bridal Fair. I'm so happy for her! Here's a link for that as well. http://www.ido-ido.org/resources/default.aspx?c=PH




Now for the week in photos! Our baby is getting so big, as you'll see in some of these pictures. He's actually doing a pretty good job of sleeping through the night. We've put him down in his carrier most of this week, and last night he slept from 10:30 until 6! That's just greatness in my book!


Here's a rare picture of me with Miller. He's always looking up! John says if he were a turkey he'd drown in a rainstorm.

You can't tell it from the first picture, but Miller has a hold of me by my ponytail. Usually I wear my hair up in a bun so he can't get to it, but this time it was just in the ponytail, and he took advantage of it.

Miller, sleeping in Pop's lap. He falls asleep in the oddest positions!

Here's my strong man! He's already supporting his own weight.

Austin came in for the day on Thursday, and Miller found some time to drool on him. Plus, it looks like Miller's hair is the same color as Austin's facial hair, which is strange because it's definitely not the same color as the hair on his head.

Here's Miller Man in a man's outfit - so says my Dad. He's got his jeans on with his bare feet.

Miller was excited to meet his Uncle Danny for the first time. Danny made a quick trip over, and I think Miller liked him immediately!

1 comment:

The Beasley's said...

Wow! Thanks so much for the shout out..you rock :) I actually hadn't even read your blog yet with this info. Amy C. e-mailed me and said she saw it on your blog, and I was thinking, hmm-what's she talking about? Aren't you sweet! Love the pictures! When Miller is looking up, that is just too cute. You said Miller liked Danny instantly--I think that's because he looks practically identical to his actual daddy (in that picture anyway!) It's unreal to me.