Today makes 15 weeks and 3 days. Life has definitely been better the past few weeks, and I'm sure John would agree with that. The barely-eating, walking zombie he has been sharing his house with is finally gone, and he has his wonderful wife back! Thankfully, my energy has returned, for the most part. I'm getting a lot more done around the house, and I know that John loves actually having me cook meat again. Poor thing, his office Christmas party was actually the week after Christmas at Superior Steakhouse, a really yummy restaurant in Shreveport. They had a selected menu that we could choose from, and knowing that I wouldn't finish whatever I got, I went ahead and ordered something I knew John could enjoy the next day, a big ole steak. It tasted great, but I was right about bringing most of it home for John to finish. As we were leaving the restaurant that night, he turned to me and said, "Does this mean we get to eat meat again"? Poor thing, I've been denying him his favorite spot out of the food pyramid. So, he's happy to have things almost completely back to normal.
We've slightly started getting the baby's room ready. We know that before we can do anything, we have to do something with all the office furniture, which includes a huge desk and a massive bookcase. Thankfully, John's mom gave him a smaller desk that can fit in the corner of our guest room, and John put that together this past weekend. So, the computer is moved and set up in there. Now, we just have to get rid of some stuff so we can fit the bookcase in there too. I can't wait until the room is cleared out, and ready to be painted and have baby furniture moved in.
Oh, I forgot that I wanted to mention something to add to my "happy list." For those that don't know, I used to keep a written list of things that made me happy or smile just by reading it. I've since just written about it in blogs. So, here's my newest "happy list" entry. So, every few weekends I've been going into work, for a couple of reasons. First, I've got a huge backlog already, so I'm trying to work that down. Second, I'm building up comp time for maternity leave. I've gone in a few weekends, and every time I go, one of the girls from work, Audra, goes up there for a few hours. Well, every morning when she gets there, she's brought me a hot chocolate. I think that's just the sweetest, most thoughtful thing, so it's getting added to the happy list.
As always, I'm staying busy. John's sister, Elizabeth, has her bridal shower on Saturday and her bachelorette party Saturday night. So, I'll be back home on Sunday. Monday is a holiday, so I asked Mimi if she'd want to go to DSW with me that morning. She sounded so excited about it, and I'm definitely excited to be spending my gift cards from Christmas. I'm sure there's some stores over on that part of time that she'd like to go to, and I know that she and Paw-paw rarely get a chance to get over there.
Things to look forward to in the upcoming weeks: I'm hoping to start feeling some flutters and kicks sometime soon. I know it's still a little early, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I've got another Doppler appointment on the 29th. Then, a couple of weeks later, we'll go back to get our second ultrasound, and hopefully, find out the sex.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment