Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Things are starting to come together

It seems like since we've found out the sex of the baby, everything has started flying by. Since the 12th, we've finished getting all the stuff out of Miller's room, ordered and received baby bedding, wall border, and a crib mobile. We've also started receiving boy clothes already. Michelle's parents bought Miller a couple of onesies, footed pajamas, and some overalls with a picture of a crawfish when they were out of town this weekend, and we received a package today from my Mom that had two onesies, and two pair of cotton pants. It's all so cute and so small. I can tell this kid is going to be spoiled, not even in the world yet and receiving gifts on a weekly basis. This weekend we are going to purchase the baby furniture we have picked out, as well as getting the room ready for painting (put plastic on the floor, find paint, etc.) When I was up in the attic, I found like 6 half cans of white paint that they used at some point or another for this house. I think we're gonna try and use that paint for the white in the room before we go buy any. We're gonna test it on the walls this weekend. So, yeah, thinkgs are starting to come together. I can't wait till we have the room done. It will be the coolest kid's room in the world. If you didn't know, we're doing the room in A&M colors, maroon and white, with a little chalkboard paint on one wall (the kind of paint that they can actually use just like a chalkboard) and metallic paint on another part of the wall. With metallic paint, you can put magnets on the wall, and they'll just stick to the wall. Cool huh? It'll be awesome.

1 comment:

The Beasley's said...

Hooray! I can't wait to see pictures of the room :)