For a John update, because he never says anything about himself, he's been studying like crazy for a certification. He'll take the test on the 19th, so prayers for him would be great! I'd like to say it'll be nice for him to have a break after that, but his classes start the next day. Sometimes I don't know how we do it, but we're managing.
For a Miller update, because he can't type. We got into our daycare! He'll be able to start on October 1, or around that date. I'm so grateful because I hated the idea of him moving back and forth between daycare and Nonna and Pop's house. Granted, I'm sure he'll be at their house anyway a bunch of the time, especially right after they get back, but at least he'll have a place. If anyone in the Shreveport/Bossier area knows someone who does baby-sitting from their house and/or someone who allows part-time child care, please let me know. I think that would be the best solution for our family, but we just don't know anyone who actually does this around here.
Also, he's doing a great job of sleeping. He still doesn't sleep flat on his back, but, if I put him in his carrier in his crib, he's slept 5 - 6 hours in a row the past three nights!! Now that I've put that in print, it'll probably never happen again. We've been checking Target for the wedge to put under his mattress, but can't find it for some reason. I might just have to break down and get online.
He's really starting to recognize people, well, John and I. It's so much fun to see his eyes get wide or his head turn when he notices that we're around. He LOVES spending time on his Baby Einstein playmat. I can usually get a few minutes of computer time while he plays on it. He's not really doing a whole lot of playing, just looking around, but he seems to enjoy himself because he kicks and makes noise. Every once in a while he'll grab one of the things hanging down, and he gets, "How did this get in my hand?" expression. It hilarious.
I can't believe I only have two weeks and one day left of maternity leave. My mom retired on Friday, which is very exciting, but I have a feeling it's going to make the time fly by even faster. I wish I could just take him back to work with me. I'm going to miss the little guy so much.
Here's a few pictures from the week:
Miller sleeping on Daddy while he studies.
This one is for Grandma Chris!
John dressed him this day. It's his "manly" outfit - camo pants and all!
That's it. I'm going to get some scrapbooking done before dinner, and I'll try to post more this week from the other photo albums. Hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:
He's so stinkin cute!! Glad he's sleeping for so many consecutive hours...thats awesome. Let me know what you find on the wedge...we have 2 (somehow) and I think we could manage giving one up for awhile. ;-) Peyton is still using one in his bed so the other is useless...at least until February! lol Hope all continues to go well for you!
Such sweet pictures. I'm behind on reading your blog. I didn't realize you had posted so many recently. He just has the sweetest face...I can't say that enough :)
Post a Comment